Moving your offices is a great time to optimize your business in every way – its organizational structure, cleaning out old paperwork, freeing up some server space, adapting your office phone system to the growing or changing needs. New beginnings, new growth, new goals! It is the change you have been planning to do for some time!
Relocating your business if you already have cloud-based VoIP system has never been easier. First of all, the system relies on the cloud technology that is accessible virtually from anywhere, second, it allows to connect the devices anywhere, and employees working on these devices in any location. So the downtime will be minimal (if there will be any downtime at all).
How to make the relocation process with cloud based VoIP more efficient?
- Identify the roles of the employees and team members that will be using the system. Have a clear idea of who and how they are using the lines and what features they actually need.
- Ensure Internet connection and local area network is adequate. Even the most sophisticated and well-designed phone systems will not function properly on a poor network or with a bad Internet connection. Get the parameters you need from your cloud communication provider. If there are limitations, then plan around those limitations to ensure you have a solid foundation that will support your communication needs.
- You can never underestimate the importance of having a working failover plan. Many hosted PBX providers offer reliable failover features so make sure the features are available, configured and tested before you move.
- Assess your existing phone hardware and phone system capacity to determine whether it still meets your needs and is compatible with your cloud-based VoIP system. For example, check the compatibility of your desk IP phones, feature requirements of each user, headset needs, cordless phone users, conference phones, etc.
- Plan your cloud-based VoIP Phone system! Prior to a move is a good time to re-evaluate communication needs so you can make sure your new phone system is set up to help you maximize productivity and efficiency. Take a pen and paper and write down call flows, extension users, ring groups, auto attendants, call queues, etc. Brainstorm with the team or create a poll. You will be surprised at features that they might find useful or will avoid at all costs. Showcase new productivity-enhancing features so users are aware of what is possible with modern cloud PBX technology.
- Train your employees to use the system to its maximum potential. Help them learn about what they are uncomfortable with. Arrange administrator and user training to help people learn how to take advantage of productivity-enhancing features of the new cloud communication system. Training will help you maximize return on your communication system investment.
- In any communication systems – technology is secondary, communication is primary. The system should be flexible enough to work around user preferences and take advantage of shortcuts and automation. Also, look for ways to leverage integrations to simplify routine business processes and create time and cost-saving efficiencies.
Overall the great benefit of cloud-based VoIP is that it can run smoothly whether your employees are working side by side in one office, or you have a few branches in different locations, whether your team includes traveling salespeople or telecommuters working from home.
It does just one thing – makes sure they are well equipped to serve your clients, sell or work on projects together.