The COVID-19 pandemic has caused countries to take immediate and forceful action to stop the spread of the virus. Governments are urging and in some cases forcing people to stay home. Businesses are in lockdown to protect staff and customers. Limiting face-to-face human interaction undoubtedly represents a challenge for Canadian companies. The Coronavirus has started taking its toll on many businesses’ bottom lines.
Cloud phone systems and cloud hosting of critical IT and communication applications can facilitate connectivity and communication between companies and their clients. A cloud solution can overcome the current limitations of not being able to provide face-to-face service.
Remotely Operated Apps and Phone Systems
Here are some ways that phone systems, cloud communication, and IT platforms can help your business operate more effectively amid the severe limitations caused by the Coronavirus:
- Move business-critical applications like ERP, accounting, and communication to the cloud so that critical servers are protected, data is centralized and backed up, and applications can run reliably, and fully maintained in a secure data center.
- Allow staff to telework using desktop softphones, mobile apps, web clients, and VPNs to securely access corporate data.
- Add “Click to Talk” and “Click to Chat” features to your website to improve live interaction with customers and partners and take the load off the public phone network.
- Provide front-line staff with the ability to easily host online meetings with rich Voice, Video, Whiteboard, and Screen Sharing capabilities. This will also take some load off the public phone network.
- Provide Sales staff with personalized “Reach Me” shortcut links that enable Click to Talk or Chat features to make them more easily accessible to customers regardless of their location.
- Securely integrate remote branches and teams to leverage available skillsets dispersed across many locations. This can help to backfill resources in a reduced staff situation.
- Integrate freelance staff securely and efficiently to fill resource gaps caused by staff on sick leave and to quickly scale the business when needed.
- Implement an Auto Attendant in place of a receptionist so callers can navigate through your company and easily communicate with anyone depending on time and day and staff availability.