VoIP phone systems have evolved the communication systems of companies. Business communication has never been as rich, efficient and flexible as it is now. However, the more feature rich, connected and integrated communication platforms become, the more susceptible they can be to infrastructure outages and security threats.
No technology implementation or provider can guarantee that natural disasters, failures or blackouts will never occur. To protect against such incidents, it is important to have business continuity and disaster recovery plans designed into your VoIP Phone Systems and overall network and IT environments.
RingOffice makes it a priority to ensure quality service and smooth operation 24/7 all year round. To avoid outages and protect again stun expected disasters, our experts have designed a robust infrastructure and regularly carry out preventive maintenance to ensure all technology is up to date and ready when needed. Some examples of this include:
- Proactive 24/7 monitoring of server metrics and alerting to anticipate and mitigate problems related to server health, performance and operating capacity
- High Availability Infrastructure with full clustering and enterprise SAN to overcome and protect against server failure
- Multi-level geographically diverseand redundant data storage to protect valuable data
- Protection of our data centers with 6 levels of physical and logical security, designed specifically to protect communication servers from external and internal threats
- Redundant Power: Multiple Backup Generators and UPS Battery Systems
Redundancies and failover mechanisms can be designed for hardware, software, network infrastructure, Internet, power and security. Unlike legacy systems, VoIP phone systems have an inherent advantage of being cloud and mobile friendly which makes it easier to keep operations running smoothly and workers operating from a safe location in the event of a disaster or emergency.
Choosing a reliable partner with experience in business continuity and disaster recovery planning is an important first step to designing a reliable communication and network infrastructure for your company. Contact our experts now to find out more and get answers to all your questions.